Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wow.... Long Time, No Write!

You'll have to excuse my lack of blogging. Haven't really felt up to par lately. Long story short, had a biopsy in a very tender place. Normally I can handle pain very well. I have a high tolerance, but this has really gotten me uncomfortable. So I haven't been in the mood to write much, which is a good thing because I'm afraid I would have complained a bit too much!


The biopsy was done last Friday, the results and check-up are this Friday. My pastor came up to me yesterday and asked: "Have you heard any good news yet?" What an awesome way to put it! So I answered that no, I will be getting my good news on Friday. It's all in God's hands. No matter the outcome, it's all for His glory!!


I know it's not officially summer yet, but Christen is out of school and still running me ragged. She decided to try out for her High School Softball team and the conditioning/practice started this week. She's.never.played.softball.before. Seriously, never.... Unless you count the annual family Easter Softball game.


Apparently though, she's doing well. The girls have welcomed her and so have her coaches. I was worried about that to tell the truth. The only exposure I've had to school sports is soccer and with our school soccer team, it's not really how great of a player you are, but who you know. I hate to say it, but it's true. We don't suck up to the coaches and we don't make our presence known, so Christen is kind of tossed to the side even though she is the best goal keeper. (even the goal keeper coach last year was puzzled as to why she didn't start on Varsity) It's a breath of fresh air to see that the softball coaches and players are welcoming her and complimenting her and showing her the rules. Many have asked why she's never played before. One coach even had her showing the other girls how to do agility drills because she saw how well Christen was doing them.


All that being said, we've had a tough week with Christen, nothing I need to get into on here, but please pray for her to make the right decisions. It's oh so hard to make the right decisions as a teenager. If only she would allow God to be in her decisions, but I know that's tough too. She's such a great kid. She just doesn't understand that one wrong decision could determine the rest of her life.


This is the month my maternal family celebrates birthdays. Most of our birthdays occur in May, June & July. I've been asked to make my famous roasted potatoes. (it's so simple though!! dry ranch dressing packet, makes the whole thing delicious!!) I was just going to go to Wal Mart and get my potatoes, but guess what??

One of my customers, Mr. Wright, came by today with a bag of red potatoes and all I paid was $2!!!! More than enough for birthdays and some left over. God knew what I needed and He clued in Mr. Wright. Now we're all happy!


3 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

Ah, yes. It is so hard to make the right decisions when you're a teenager. Wish I'd had someone praying for me and giving me solid guidance during those years.
Thankful for the grace of God which makes up for all I did not have!

Father, I want to pray here and now for Christen. You have created her and You know her. You know her every thought, each word she speaks, and every decision she needs to make. You know when she comes and when she goes. You are familiar with all her ways!
And I pray today that You will fill Christen with the desire to invite You into each moment of her life. Please give her understanding that You know what is best for her, that You love her beyond anything she can imagine, and that You have created her for a purpose.
Father, please cover her with Your love and speak tenderly to her heart. Please woo her to Yourself, that she might freely and willingly surrender all of her decisions to You.
I'm asking it in the wonderful, powerful, beautiful, matchless Name of JESUS.
Amen and amen!

Karen Hossink said...

Also had to say - before I looked closely at the picture and read about Mr. Wright's gift, I thought that was a bag of donut holes.
And it was making me hungry. *grin*

gianna said...

Mr. Wright came at the RIGHT time! Oh, I think I am so clever!