Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Must Have Faith





One month from tomorrow, my 15yr old daughter will be flying out to Sweden to play in the Gothia Cup. It's basically the World Cup for youth. If she gets her way, she'll be the goal keeper for whatever team she is assigned to. (365 Sports is the company she'll be traveling with)


That's right, she's going without knowing anyone else. She'll meet her teammates for the first time (in person anyway) on July 14, 2010. Is she nervous or scared? Nope. Am I??? YES!!!!


I've had many times in my life where I knew, without a doubt, the ONLY way I made it through was because God was carrying me every step of the way. There was no way I could have made it through on my own. This will be one of those times.


Prayer will be very important during the time she is traveling, playing, sight seeing, etc. And I have been praying sporadically for our trip to North Carolina to drop her off and of course for the many trips she'll have to take to get to her desitination and back home again. I've also been praying for her to not lose sight of her Christianity and to keep Jesus as the focus for her trip. I know, she's going to play soccer, it's not a Mission trip, but it could be!


I'm going to start saying specific prayers for her daily now that we are just one month away from her trip.


Today, my prayer is for safe travels for Christen, me & Jon as we drive from South GA to North Carolina. I also will pray for nice weather for the drive there and back. And finally I will pray for our attitudes to be positive and that we will enjoy each others company to the fullest extent!




2 Samuel 22:3-4 "The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. 4 I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies".

1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

Hmmmm. I guess that's about the same age my sister was when she went to Europe on a band tour. Funny. At the time I never even considered that my mom might be worried. Perspectives are a little different now!
Father, I know You will carry Christen. I know You will care for her perfectly. And I am asking You to fill Jodi with perfect peace. Please grow her faith through this circumstance.
I'm asking it in the Name above all names. JESUS!!!
Amen and amen.