Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer






Friday was the last day of 10th grade for Christen. Her best friend came over Friday night and stayed with us throughout the weekend. Fun was had by all! We broke in the pool. My brother, niece and my brother's "friend that is a girl" came over too.










Christen had another friend over Sunday night and I took her home this morning.





My cousin graduated from High School Saturday. She was the Salutatorian for her class. I was shocked that prayer was not given at the beginning of the ceremony, but Mary was such a great witness in her speech. She's bound for greatness and I can't wait to see what all God has in store for her!











4 comments:

gianna said...

oh, and congratulations, Christen!

gianna said...

I have to say that when I graduated from high school, it was the first year they did not pray at the beginning. Instead, my friend and I greeted everyone with a fun speech. And it was super fun. Being that it was a public school, it's not uncommon they are all so freaked out about praying. But really when it comes right down to it, EVERYONE prays! Seriously!

Karen Hossink said...

Mmmmm. Right about now I would love to have a pool in my back yard.
Did the dog go swimming, too? Oh, how my kids would LOVE that!

I was part of a trio which sang the LORD's Prayer at my graduation, but I don't remember if anyone officially prayed, or not. Of course, I wasn't a Christian at the time (only thought I was) so it really wasn't something I was looking for.
Glad to hear Mary was a great witness. People can keep prayer out, but they can't get rid of God!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ooo a pool. I wish we had one.

Yeah, a lot of graduations don't do the prayer anymore it seems. I guess because some people got offended? I don't get it. We may not be religious but I've never minded prayers.