Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"You Just Don't Care"

I guess I should be used to it. Customers saying hurtful things because they failed to do what was required of them and their policy cancels. They don't want to blame themselves, so I'm the next best thing. But the customer that told me today: "You just don't care" really cut me to the quick.

It's not that I didn't care. I did what I was supposed to do. It's hard to go above and beyond when I'm not told all the circumstances. We have over 2000 customers, so it's really hard to keep up with each and every one, but I do my best.

The thing that keeps running through my mind now is: "What if she ever visits my church, sees me up in the choir loft and because she feels like I'm not a good person, turns around and walks out?" Now, I know that I can't help what happened. I know that she has fallen on hard times and is just looking for a scape goat, but it truly hurts my soul to know this woman believes that I don't care about her.

So, I'm praying about this. Not much I can do with someone so hurt and unwilling to listen. I'm praying that when she levels out a bit, God can give me the strength to do what I need to do, if it's anything at all.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort...." II Corinthians 1:3,4

2 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

Ah, but if you see her at church you can go up to her and ask her how she's doing. You can tell her you care and ask if you could pray for her. And she can see Jesus in you.
Fear not, my friend. God can redeem any situation!

Karen Hossink said...

Hey Jodi,
Just checking in to see how you're doing!