Monday, November 7, 2011

A God Thing

Ever know with every ounce of your being that where you are is NOT where you're meant to be.  Either in where you live or your job?  I'm at that point right now and I'm trying so hard to serve with a smile on my face, but it's proving very difficult at the moment. 

Ever know with all your being what you're meant to do, but because of all the obligations you've put yourself in, you just can't do it? 

No one to blame but myself. 

So I'm looking for every opportunity

Every ray of light

I see this statement a lot on Facebook: "God will never put more on you that you can handle".  Well, since when does taking care of everything yourself give God any Glory? 

It's when you are buried and deeply distraught and there is no way out and you know for a fact you're not getting out by yourself, that's when "A God Thing" is about to happen.  God doesn't put hardship on us.  But He will help us.  He will make a way and when you look back and know for a fact, there's no way you could have come out of that with out Him, that's when He gets the Glory.  That's when your God Thing has happened. 

I'm at the point, I know my God Thing is going to happen.  Tomorrow maybe?  Next week?  Next month?  Next year?  I'm not sure.  But I know it will happen. 

Are you facing a time in your life where you need your God Thing to happen?  Or has your God Thing already happened?  Thankfully, we can have more than one!  :o)



I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself... O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you.
Psalm 89:2, 8


3 comments:

Becky said...

You always seem to have the right words at the right time (without even meaning to sometimes)... thanks for posting that..

Karen Hossink said...

As I'm reading this, I am also listening to Kathy Troccoli sing "Draw Me Close." What a perfect combination - your post, and this song! (Remember, I am a music girl!)
I pray God will enable you to wait patiently for your God Thing. And that you will rejoice and give Him praise as you see it come into being.
Love you!

stephanie said...

i completely agree with you! I don't think he gives us crap but he will definitely help us through it!