Saturday, January 29, 2011

It Is Finished

The baby blanket, not my Etsy store.  I'm almost there on my Etsy store though!  I was shooting for Feb. 1st.  But I think it's more realistic to say, Feb. 5th.  We shall see. 

I did add two more pendants.  I painted them and sealed them with diamond glaze into the pendant.  I used acrylic paints, but watered them down just a bit.  I'm happy with how they turned out.  I should really stick to the painting.  I seem to be more pleased with those. 





I did finish the blanket and since I keep my word...  I'm posting pictures...  even though I'm not really thrilled with how it turned out.  BUT I did learn a lot and I expect my next blanket to turn out even better.  I can't wait to start sewing lessons!!  Learning by trial and error is fun (HA!!) but I'm ready to learn from a professional now. 


I love the next three pictures.  It looks like a great, pretty blanket. 


 
 
This next one is an o.k. picture.  You can see the seam where I totally let the sewing machine get away from me.

And here's the two pictures I really don't like.  I had to hand sew this end and you can really tell it. 




But, of COURSE I'm going to start on my next blanket before my sewing lessons start.  I wouldn't be me if I didn't.   I HAVE to put all I learned into action before I forget right?  Right!

Now, I'm off to tackle the mound of clean clothes that must be folded.  And I'm sure there are plenty of dirty clothes to be washed. 

3 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

I don't imagine any baby is going to be examining seams. *wink* I think the blanket looks GREAT!

Theresa said...

thanks for the nice comment on my blog about Marie's flour sack napkins! I love your blog and your crafiness - the baby blanket is adorable, and you did a GREAT job. And I've wanted to make those pendants forever! I'm going to send your address to my daughter because I know she'll enjoy reading it. Keep up the good work.

Sara K. said...

Being fairly new to your blog, I am wondering what you are going to sell in your Etsy store. Possibly those pendants? What an exciting adventure! :) God gave you an awesome artistic talent!