Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Numero-Uno Blog Post


Hi, my name is Jodi and I'm a Christian, 33 year old mother to a 15 year old daughter (yeah, you do the math). I'm also a wife and I work full-time as an insurance agent (P&C). I love my daughter, I love my husband and I tolerate my job. I am thankful for my job, don't get me wrong. But I felt it best to be upfront about my feelings.

We live in a small town in southern Georgia. I've lived here most of my life. I've tried my best to leave and never come back, but there is truly a gravitational force that will not allow me to escape. The last time I moved back here, my mother was so happy to have me back in town! When we moved to her neighborhood, she so was so estatic she sold her house and moved to another subdivision. She then promptly moved about 7 hours away. If she weren't a Christian, I'd swear she was giving me the finger and muttering: "So long sucker!!!" as she drove away. Seriously, I love my mother. I know she loves me.

My daughter, Christen, keeps us on our toes for sure. She is a great soccer player. Her position is goal keeper and she is fierce! She is coming to the end of her 10th grade year in school. Lucky duck is traveling to Sweden in July to play in the Gothia Cup. It's like the World Cup of Soccer, but for kids.

My husband, Jon, is a great person. We are like night and day though. So our relationship proves to be interesting and difficult, but we're in it for the long haul!

I do love to paint (as in art, not walls... I abhor painting walls.... or cabinets.... or doors... well, you get the picture) and I'm going to dabble a little more in photography now because I got a Nikon Coolpix L100 for Mother's Day! GO ME!!! Music is also a passion of mine. I love to sing and write poetry & lyrics. So in this blog, you'll find a little bit of everything.

Soon, I hope to have the posts filled with paintings, photographs, lyrics, poetry, triumphs and trials of being a young mother to a teenage daughter and stories of marriage (blissful and not-so-blissful).Please feel free to comment and ask questions, and please check back soon. More to come!

1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

Ah, your name is Jodi!
That was the name of one of my best friends when I was in junior high.
BTW, do you mind if I call you Jodi when I respond to you in my comment section?

How fun to read this post. I just noticed the title in your sidebar and wanted to see what you had to say in your debut post.

I love singing, too. If we never meet here on earth, let's stand next to each other as we sing praises in heaven. *grin*