Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 10 ~ Photography Challenge

Day 10 ~ Childhood Memory

Anytime I think of my childhood, I think of my Ma Gibbs and her home.  I think of spending many summer days and nights there.  I think of many after school snacks she made, the countless hours of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, the many family fish frys.  I especially think of my Pa and combing his hair, and rolling, yes rolling, his hair with Ma's pink curlers!  And the many, many times Ma would swing with me and sing.  I was very blessed to be able to see her swing and sing to my child too. 

I know these are a lot of memories, but they all have one common link: my Ma & Pa's home. 

2 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

What sweet memories!
I loved watchingh Mr. Rogers. But my brother and sister always teased me. *hmph!*

Becky said...

All of my wonderful childhood memories have something to do with my grandparents too... I hope one day when I am blessed with grandkids I can be 1/2 the granny mine was..