And I was in some really good company too!
Thank you, thank you Miss Rosie for passing this award on to me. And now, to follow along with the duties bestowed upon me I will follow the rules and do these four things:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 7 bloggy friends.
4. Contact those bloggy friends to congratulate them.
7 facts... hmmm... well... here it goes:
- I am a Christian. I'm not perfect, but I don't have to be because my Jesus came to earth, died and rose again for me and you. I want to learn more and grow more as a Christian.
- I became a mother at a very young age. Pregnant at 17, mother at 18. I stayed in school, graduated on time and walked with my class during my 8th month of pregnancy. A little over a month later I had my baby girl. Only by the grace of God am I able to say I am NOT a statistic. I have a heart for girls who get pregnant young and out of wedlock. I also have been very open with Christen concerning how she got here. I never glossed over anything. I wanted her to know because I pray she will learn from my mistakes.
- I love chocolate. Like, I really.love.chocolate. I will
eatdevour chocolate just about any way it's served. The only exception is if it has fruit in it. The ONLY two acceptable fruits for chocolate are bananas and strawberries. I'm actually eating chocolate covered pretzels as I type this entry. Yes. I have a problem.
- I'm super white. Freckles, blonde hair, the whole bit. I don't tan. I just don't. I do freckle though, and I'm always hoping I will get just enough sun so that all those freckles will just blend together and I can be tan for once in my life. I am going to try out the tanning bed in a few days so I can wear a dress to my cousin's wedding in May. I refuse to wear hose and I really refuse to wear a dress if my bright, white, legs will be showing. I don't want to blind people!
- My favorite color is green. I love it. I love to wear it and look at it. Green is just a sign of life to me. And it's pretty. I think it compliments me, with my green eyes and light complexion. (and check out the award again... it's GREEN!)
- I AM going to open up my Etsy shop one of these days. I was going on my timing before. And God was just telling me it wasn't the right time. Too many things just weren't coming together. But I know I will, it just has to be on His time.
- And I know I've already written about her once, but hey, I love my kid! I LOVE my daughter, Christen. I think she's just about the best kid ever and I am so excited to see what God has planned for her future. I was always conscience of the fact that she may have some disadvantages because I was so young when she was born. God heard me then, he hears me now. He knows my heart and that I only want her to be happy, safe and healthy. He has given her so many opportunities to do things that she loves, like play soccer in Sweden and serve on mission trips! None of the obstacles matter when God is in control.
Now, to pass along this award to 7 bloggers who I believe are worthy of this award! Actually, I hate to choose just 7. I follow a lot of bloggers and I think just about every one of them deserve this award. But, I'm a rule follower. (if I were asked to list 8 facts about me, that would have been the 8th one) So I will only choose 7:
Karen @ Surviving Motherhood
She is just the best.
I love to read her posts because they are so real and come from such a blessed place.
Becky @ Farmgirl Paints
She's my blog crush. I love her art, her values, she's awesome!
Nic @ 60 Piggies
She's amazing! Her love for her kids, those with her and the one yet to come home, is palpable. I want to be just like her when I grow up. Seriously.
Amy @ Finding The Balance
She comes up with the greatest crafts and makes me wish I had little ones again. She also helped me with my blog appearance!
Marie @ Cats and Books etc.
I discovered her blog while reading an article written about her in our local newspaper. She read over 52 books last year! I'm way behind that number this year, but she makes me want to read even more.
Gianna @ A Traveling Thought
Her blog was one of the first blogs I read after starting my blog here. She keeps me coming back because of her humor and her love of every day life. Oh, and she bakes bread. Who wouldn't love someone who bakes bread??
Holly @ Pink Lady
I'm new to Holly's blog. She keeps me coming back because of how she captures everyday moments. She's also doing a photo challenge and it's neat to see what the new challenge is everyday!
If you check out the blogs above, and Hello Rosie, you won't be disappointed.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!