Hello Rosie tagged me, so make sure you stop by and tell her "Hello!!". She's pretty awesome, go see for yourself. :)
1. post the rules
2. post 11 fun facts about yourself
3. answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post,
Facts about Me…
1. I'm a Christian. I try my best to live a life where others can see Jesus in me. I don't always achieve this though.
2. I'll be turning 36 this year and my hubs is turning 40 in a couple of months. Why is it that when men age they look more distinguished, but when women age, we just... age? it's so totally not fair.
3. I have a beautiful daughter and she's turning 18 this summer and leaving me to go to college. How dare she turn 18, OR leave me???!!!
4. Before I met my husband, I only owned two pairs of shoes at any given time. Sneakers and "a" pair of dress shoes. Now? I have dressy boots, 3 kinds of crocs, georgia boots, many flip flops, two or three pairs of dressy shoes and my sneakers. And I think you can tell I'm still no shoe connoisseur, I just have more shoes now than I did 13 years ago.
5. I would absolutely love for my niece Jessica to come live with us after Christen leaves for college. Otherwise, I think I'm going to be way too obsessed with treating my dogs like my children. (as if I'm not already way too obsessed)
6. I have days where I would be perfectly happy not saying one.single.word. And other days where I can't talk enough.
7. I really do love watching shows like iCarly. And I'm not sure how I will justify watching those shows once Christen is away at college. I'm thinking she's already over those shows though and may just watch them to appease me. uhoh....
8. I think Tim Tebow is pretty cool. Even though he was a Gator (hey, no one can be perfect), I still love to hear about all the ways God is working through him.
9. I missed a lot of callings in my life: teacher, estate seller person (I don't know what they are called, think Cash and Cari), day care owner, etc... but even though I think I'd be "happier" doing those things, I'm still right where I need to be.
10. Green is my all time favorite color, but turquoise is really leaving its mark on me. I love, love, love it!
11. I have a tendency to acquire things before I really know what I want to do with them. Which is the reason why my garage has a dresser and mirror, china cabinet, and other assorted furniture AND why my office is over run with scrapbook paper, ribbon, glue, fabric, beads, burlap, frames, crates and other assorted crafty things.
Questions Hello Rose gave me to answer…
1. You can have one of the following two things: trust/love
I don't think you can have one without the other.
2. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
Some days "yes", some days "no". I hear a lot of things during my work day and I listen and give my time and emotional attention to others and by the end of the day, I'm spent. So it's hard for me to invest in my friends and family after having an emotionally draining day. But I do tend to pray and pray hard for my friends and family. Some days, that's all I can afford to do.
3. Where do you like to go to have fun?
HOME!! haha.. . I love to be home and knee deep in a craft project.
4. What is beauty?
beauty is something that comes from the inside for sure. You can have the perfect face and body, but if you have a horrible attitude and an ugly disposition, well, you're not beautiful to me.
5. Why is it called a "drive through" if you have to stop?
good question!! and why do we park in our driveway and drive in a parkway??
6. Do you have any regrets in life?
I'm sure I could name some things I had rather not done, but I know every decision I've made has helped me become the person I am today. I know that God uses every situation for His will. He's with me, every day and I have to put my trust in Him. Always.
7. What is your favorite song and why?
oh gosh, this is always the hardest question to answer because I have so many songs that I LOVE! So let me change the question to: What song can you not stop singing in your head and why? And that song (today) would be "Where I Belong" by Building 429 (which you can download FREE right now at KLOVE) Other than just being an awesome song, these lyrics tell why I love it so much:
So when the walls come falling down on me
And when I'm lost in the current of a raging sea
I have this blessed assurance holding me.
All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
(okay... I've thought about it, my favorite song of all time is "It Is Well". Why? Because it reminds me of God's unfailing grace and love and that no matter what I'm going through, I have my Father by my side, so It Is Well.)
8. If you were granted one wish what would it be?
to have been given one more day with my Ma Gibbs. Seriously. I miss that woman more than I've ever missed anyone. I can't wait to see her again.
9. If sour cream is past its expiration date is it good then?
I'm a bit OCD about expiration dates. I won't even check to see if it's good, if the date says it's expired, I'll take the date's word for it. (I get your joke here Roz, but I'm so OCD about expiration dates, I can't even play along! haha!)
10. Why is your definition of true happiness different from anyone else's definition of true happiness?
I was never promised happiness, I was promised a Jesus filled life and that brings me joy. Happiness is fleeting and momentary, joy is something you can have every minute of every day if you allow it.
11. What do you expect from 2012?
I'm slowing learning to plan for things, and then expect my plan to go out the window when unexpected things pop up. So... I'm not really sure what to expect from 2012. I pray and hope that 2012 will bring:
- a great freshman college experience for Christen
- traveling mercies
- to be closer to God and do more of what He wants me to do, more of Him, less of me
Well... there ya have it! Are you going to play along?? Are you going to abide by the rules or be a rebel like me? If you do play along, please let me know. I'd love to learn more about you!
Oh, and I guest posted over at Sweet Peas and Buddies yesterday. Hop on over there and read about Christen's journey home from Sweden.