Friday, May 27, 2011

Another Random Friday

Haven't felt my best the past few days...  sinus infection.. yuck!   but the weekend is soooo close I can smell it!  (well.. I really can't smell anything, but you know what I mean)


I get to watch these two get married tomorrow...

(picture from Luke's FB page)


Hard to believe my little "big" cousin is old enough to get married.  I remember when he was born!  He was such a cute little baby w/ the curliest blonde hair. 




Oh how time flies!




Not much else scheduled for this weekend, which is nice. 


Thank goodness it's a 3 day weekend for us too. 


Jon has been working hard getting the pool ready.  We had to drain all the water out and basically start from scratch.  Fingers crossed we'll be able to start putting water back in tomorrow. 


 Beckham and Christen reminiscing of all the fun times they've had swimming in the pool.

Hide and go-seek...


Summer should be all about being laid back....   taking breaks...  vacations...  Not us!  :o)

I think we are (read: Christen is) busier during the summer than any other time.  Or may be it just seems like it. 

Thankfully, some of the "busy stuff" will be taken off my shoulders since Christen can drive now.  Next week, she starts softball conditioning.  Then it's off to go on a Mission trip (for her, not me), then it's off for family time at the beach (I really can't believe it...  I almost don't want to believe it for fear of jinxing it, we never get a true vacation, it's always a "soccer vacation"), then a youth trip, then VBS, then SC, then NC, then FL.... then back to GA for more softball....   

sheesh...  Christen's gonna need a long nap after this summer...  I need a nap just thinking about it all!!

6 comments:

stephanie said...

I'm so jealous of the pool! Have fun at the wedding!

Rosalind said...

very jealous of the pool. we have an above ground walmart special that still needs to be cleaned.

I love weddings, I always cry... even if I don't know the people getting married. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're feeling poorly. I hope you get over that infection soon.

Amy said...

I love the sunshine in the corner of the pool picture! :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ha, I love the hide and go seek picture.

nic said...

hope you're feeling better, sweetie. summers are crazy around here, too...the hubby's a youth pastor, so summer is when we step things up a couple notches. crazy but fun.

ps intensely jealous of your pool!