Monday, March 21, 2011

Jessica Turned 10

That means my 10th wedding anniversary is coming up soon....  wow.... 


Jessica is my niece.  My brother's daughter.  And she's probably the coolest 10 year old I know.  She's super smart (like crazy smart), she loves to read, draw and paint.  Her favorite colors right now are blue (1st) and pink.  She also LOVES animals.  She is taking care of baby chicks right now.  I've yet to get an update, but as of last Sunday, they were getting ready to hatch. 


Jessica turned 10 on February 13th, 2011.  We had a small get together at my house for her, just family. 


 I made her a banner w/ her name...  you can't really see it well b/c of my fabric...  but, she knows what it says, that's all that matters....



 Amazing what adding some foam hearts will do to a Christmas Tin.  Creates an instant birthday gift/holder....


She loved her banner...  she really loved it when I let her know she could take it home and put it her room.  


Party blower fight w/ Granny!   So happy to have Granny home and in the same town again.  She still needs a job though, keep those prayers coming... 


A homemade chocolate cake by Nanny and decorated by Uncle Jon...  I would say her 10th birthday was a success...  the smile proves it! 

7 comments:

nic said...

you are an awesome aunt--i love that fabric banner!

happy birthday, jessica. ten is such a great age.

ps praying for your mom!

AiringMyLaundry said...

How fun.

I love the banner!

Karen Hossink said...

Family is good. And you are blessed to be together! :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica!

gianna said...

What a fun birthday! That is so amazing!

Also, about your sacrifice of love! WAY to GO! I still need to do my idea! You totally beat me to the punch!
AWESOME! Doesn't it feel good?

Farmgirl Paints said...

10 is such a sweet age. that banner you made was so cute. i'm sure she loved it!

to click on the link for my post you have to actually click on the "here" word...hope it works for you.

Sara K. said...

That banner is fantastic! What a sweet aunt you are. :)

Hey, we'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary this year too! in May! When's yours?