Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Home Sweet Home



Christen made it home about 13hrs later than expected, but she made it home. They arrived in Newark, NJ on time Sunday, July 25th but due to bad weather, her flight to Atlanta was cancelled. But God heard our prayers and she was not alone the whole time. Two wonderful families that had been traveling with her let her stay in their hotel room Sunday night and they got her on the plane home safe and sound.

Seeing her walking to us in the airport was overwhelming. She had this look of utter relief on her face which then was followed by TEARS of relief! I must admit, I had tears of relief too. I did handle her being gone a lot better than I imagined (thanks be to God), but it sure was nice to have her back home and in my arms.

Last week flew by with all kinds of busy-ness. Christen had softball practice every morning last week and two scrimmages on Wednesday night. I had classes all day Wednesday through Friday and then half the day on Saturday. Not to mention Christen's 16th Birthday was Wednesday! We celebrated Friday night by letting her have a spend the night party, complete w/ a purple cake! Tuesday afternoon we had some down time, so I took her to a nearby town for a movie and shopping for her birthday.

She made the Varsity Softball Team!! :o) I'm so proud of her! But it means that she's going to be busy, busy!! Which means, I'll be busy, busy too! But it's all worth it. It's her first time ever playing Softball, so she has a lot to learn.

I could go on and on about last week and this week for that matter! But I'm going to end this entry with a few more Sweden pictures and of course some birthday party pictures!





This was taken at the opening ceremony.
I believe this was the view out of their hotel.

Another pretty view. This was taken after their first win. Christen is to the right of their coach who is in the red.

1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

*grin*
I remember turning 16! What a fun time.

So glad to know Christen made it home safely. God is good, and He is present and faithful - through all the delays and lay-overs of life. How good for her to learn it at a young age.