Monday, June 13, 2011

Ten on Ten for June

I did participate in the Ten on Ten this month, but since we were on vacation, I couldn't post until today.  I kinda took a break from the internet this weekend, with the exception of a FB update or two.    :o)

What's Ten on Ten you ask??  Here's the deal:

ten on ten :: the idea

Take a photo every hour for ten consecutive hours on the tenth of each month. Document a day of your life and find beauty among the ordinary moments. Then share your beauty with us!


Jon and I headed to Fernandina/Amelia Island, FL on the 9th.  Friday, the 10th, we picked up Christen from her mission trip in Brunswick, GA then headed back to the beach for the weekend.  Here's what we did/saw on Friday, the 10th:

 I've been saving $$ by fixing my own iced coffee at home and eating breakfast at home. 
But since I was on vacation, I had this Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. 

Our area from my town over 2.5 hours away, to where we vacationed is still having smoke issues from when the Okefenokee area caught on fire.  It was hazy just about every day and on our way to Brunswick to pick up Christen was no exception.  I also thought this caution sign was appropriate.  I really don't like bridges and I had just told Jon I was going to look out the window and take pictures as we went across.  He was so surprised!! 
This is the first picture I took right after I told him.  Ha!

 I have no idea what this is.  We were on I95 on our way to get Christen. 
I just had to take a picture!

We finally made it to the beach.   

 My cousins live about 30min away from Fernandina and they met us on the beach Friday.  This little guy was too funny.  Cam loves the beach and would bury his truck over and over in the sand.  He loves the water too.  He would get knocked down by waves and get right back up, laughing and having a ball.  He's also the only person in the world who can pour sand down my bathing suit and live to tell about it!

Jon had a good time.  He really needed this break. 
Being on call 24/7 will take it's toll for sure.   

This is a jelly fish.  I've never seen one like it before!  There weren't many thank goodness.   

A very neat way to know where your stuff is on the beach. 
Many people had kites to lead them back to their beach chairs.   


Christen had a good time, I think.  She was super tired from the mission trip, but she still had fun playing w/ Cam.   


We ended the day here.  Christen had a huge plate of crab legs.  She was very happy. 
All in all, a great June 10th!  Wish I could spend every 10th like this. 

11 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

you make me want to go to the beach. love all those pics!

Kerri said...

Your pictures are FANTASTIC! I love the kite one...and the one of Christen walking. Looks like a perfect day to me from start to finish!

Karen Hossink said...

He can pour sand down your suit and live to tell about it. Love it!

I'm thinking a trip to the beach sounds wonderful right about now...

Sandra said...

I'm a sucker for pictures so I loved this post. And yeah, I had never seen a jelly fish either!

stephanie said...

i love this idea! and what a fun day!!!

Monique said...

Great pics, love the jellyfish. Looks like you had fun.

Holly said...

LOVE your pix- they are always so vibrant- looks like a really fun trip too :)

Karen Hossink said...

I think I'll have my kids send you a thank you note in a few weeks.
Your pictures inspired me to plan a trip with the kids and their friends to Lake Michigan in a few weeks - on one of my days off.
We won't be seeing any jelly fish (probably only dead fish, LOL) but I'm sure it will be fun.
Thanks for motivating me. *wink*

Amy said...

That jellyfish picture is so neat! Glad there weren't many of them, though. I love the pic of your daughter (I think it's your daughter, anyway) walking down the bridge toward the beach. Glad you all had a good time! :)

Anna said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I am jealous of those blue skies...it is gray, gray, gray here today.

Becky said...

The smoke was horrible @ Jekyll last weekend.. It lifted after we had been there for about 4 hrs.. Where is the crab trap? I must try it.. we went to iguana's on st. simon's.. it was yummy delicious