Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!!



We carved pumpkins Monday night.


Even Brandi & Beckham wanted in on the pumpkin carving excitement!






Jon and Christen chose to actually carve and shape their pumpkins.
I'm not good at that. At all.













I can use stencils, but even then, I'm scared I'll cut something that I shouldn't or shave off too much. So I opted to paint a Halloween scene on my pumpkin. Jon did help me out though. I did need the pumpkin cut, but I was too nervous to do it myself.






Jon wasn't happy with his pumpkin. He's going for a Star Wars theme. He started with Chewbacca. He claims it doesn't look like Chewbacca, but I think it looks really good.












Christen carved Jack Skellington from "A Nightmare Before Christmas". She loves the movie. And what impressed me, is she didn't use a stencil!!! She just looked at one of her shirts that has his likeness on it and went from there.










I choose to do a scene from "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!". It's one of my all-time favorite movies. It reminds me of my childhood and all the excitement and anticipation that Halloween brought. We didn't have a neighborhood to go door-to-door. But we did make the rounds at my relatives homes. My aunts, grandmothers, etc. And by the end of the night, we would have a sack full of candy!! My Aunt (who Christen got her middle name from) LOVED Halloween. She would have our cousins waiting to jump out and scare us. She would even had Halloween music playing!! I've never been one for dressing up, but I do love to see people in their costumes.











After all was said and done, we had three fine Jack O' Lanterns! Can't wait to see them all lit up!






2 comments:

Corinne said...

awesome pumpkins.

Sandra said...

Everyone was so intent on their tasks! I love the Peanuts one! Beautiful!