Monday, July 19, 2010

Soccer update!!




First and foremost, thank you to everyone who has kept Christen in your prayers. Please continue! God is surely working through this experience she is having.


I haven't posted in what seems like forever!!


Christen is in Sweden and they played their first game today. They didn't win, but that's ok. She has three more games to play. She just met her teammates on Wednesday. I tried my best to encourage her. Her next game occurs at 9am tomorrow Sweden Time (which is 3am EST). I thought we would be able to watch her games online, but so far, we can't find anywhere on the Gothia Cup website to do that.


I'm just so proud of her I could burst!! It was tough leaving her in NC on Thursday. Tougher on me than her for sure. She's having a great time, making lots of memories and I'm sure the friendships she is forming will last forever.

Here are a couple of pictures we took of her during her practice sessions while she was in NC the first couple of days. Enjoy!!





Christen is on the far right, running after the ball.





And she got it!


It was HOT outside!!



Warming up.





















1 comment:

gianna said...

I love how thrilled you are by your "baby" girl! I want to be like you as my girlie girls and big boys grow up!